Monday, March 15, 2010

Auntie Sue's Budock Beef Dip or Confessions of a Culinary Hypocrit

I just realized my own hypocrisy for a minute.. through this blog so far I've been encouraging people to try recipes that I think they would not normally try, (aka., Beef Tongue and Oxtails), I confess now before my blog followers that I have never tried this recipe out of the sense, I do not like lunch meat. Well, the next time I am with Auntie Sue, and she makes it, I will try it and leave a comment or 2! It's only fair that i should follow my own words of advice and encouragement... Auntie Sue and Mom this recipe goes out to you, I remember you both loving it so much! And now that I am looking at the recipe.. it looks really good! Beyond that I have no clue as to whether I am spelling Budock Beef is right or even, i am 99.9% sure that Budock Beef is chipped beef... not sure if the brand name is still available or not. Google is not even helping me right now. I will get back to you when I have all my facts in.. thank you Kristen, my beloved blog research assistant and editor (she helps me find my many grammatical errors) for helping me out! You can half this recipe or double it depending on your needs.

2 packages of Cream Cheese

1-2 Packages of Budock Beef, chopped up into bite sized pieces

1 chopped up Green Pepper ( or Red Pepper for more color)

a few chopped up green onions (to taste)

A couple of shakes of Garlic Powder to taste

A couple of shakes of Worcestershire Sauce, to taste

Mix this altogether and refrigerate for a few hours. if the dip is a little thick, add a little bit of milk to it or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to smooth it out. This dip is very easily molded into various shapes.. your imagination is your only limit. Ive seen it formed into Scarlet O'Hara's Dress on a doll mannequin, into the form of a fish with scales, and a 2- tiered birthday cake! If you make this and form it into something, please post the comment along with a picture if you can, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment